Women's Full Moon Hike
If you've never hiked before at night you're in for an awesome experience. For once you're allowed to turn off your eyes and turn on all your other senses. The night brings out unique wildlife like owls, bobcats and foxes--magical.
This 2.5-mile loop hike will take us through redwoods, creeksides and open meadows overlooking the moon-drenched meadows and ocean. Hike leaders are seasoned experts with lots of backcountry experience.
- Headlamp (with spare batteries)
- Sturdy hiking shoes (it's been a wet year, waterproof prefered)
- Layers, it can get chilly
- Backpack to put everything in
- Optional: snacks, hiking poles
- An open mind
All hikes last from 7pm-10pm.
Meet at 7pm at the parking lot on highway 1 just before the entrance to Wilder. If you're leaving Santa Cruz, it's on the left. Bring cash if you want to donate, no one will be turned away...